Windows inside a home are something that not many people generally tend to think about, even though they should. These allow natural light to come into your home, as well as provide you with a great view of the outdoors; however, your energy costs can go up and outside elements can enter your home the second your windows begin to deteriorate.
It can be hard to determine exactly when your home is due for a window replacement. This is especially the case if you are unsure exactly how old your windows are.
Here are some general signs that you can make note of to assist you with this:
- Your windows are the type that have a single pane. These are, in no way, energy efficient, meaning that outside elements will be able to easily penetrate through them. Additionally, this will also cause your home’s internal heating and cooling system to work even harder, which can result in a spike in your energy bills. Furthermore, during the winter season, these windows can also fall victim to frost being developed on them.
- You have a home that is noisy. Individuals who live on busy streets typically notice how easy it is for sounds to enter their home. This is another sign that you may have windows that are single-pane. The best way to prevent something like this from happening is to replace these windows with double-pane or laminated windows.
- You notice that the draperies and/or furnishings in your home are becoming faded. This is a sign that your windows are old, as older windows do not contain a UV filter of any kind. This means that ultraviolet rays can easily enter your home and fade items such as draperies, furnishings, carpet, etc. By replacing these windows with newer windows, you will be able to prevent this from happening.
- The metal frames on your current windows are rusted out. Generally, windows are only as good as the actual installation; however, even installations that were conducted way back in the 1940s and 1950s will naturally break down as time goes on. If you notice rust on the frames of your windows, this is a sign that it is time to upgrade.
- You begin to notice condensation inside the window pane. This is an indication that the actual seal of the window has failed, which means that moisture is able to make its way in between the panes themselves. This can lead to issues such as rust and mold is the issue isn’t checked and dealt with in sufficient time. Additionally, the overall quality of your indoor air can be significantly lowered as well.
If you are noticing any of these signs with any windows in your home, contact top glass companies in Parramatta region today in order to obtain a free estimate. Our company is proud to professionally install multiple types of windows, ensuring that you are able to find the right one for your home that falls well within your budget.